- Consume large amounts of vegetables of all colors with every meal.
- Reduce white wheat (maida) and replace with multi grain or whole wheat.
- Reduce sugar in your diet; minimize cake, cookies or candy to one portion a day.
- Consume 30gr of Dark Chocolate a day.
- Avoid sugar in your beverage, drink plain water.
- If non vegetarian, reduce red meat to one portion a week, replace with chicken.
- Increase fish consumption, at least twice a week, Salmon preferred.
- If you drink, limit your intake to one glass of red wine/other drink every evening.
- Most supplemental vitamins are not necessary and may have unwanted effects on a person who consumes a normal diet.
If you are overweight, reduce your food intake to the necessary minimum until you reach your desired weight. The above diet and exercise will help.
Medical Risk Control
- Attend your yearly check up and monitor your
- Blood pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Comply with your physician’s recommendations including medications to control your medical risk.